Have you been keeping up with our coverage of our May Venue of the Month Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa? We asked their expert team of wedding planners for their advice on planning the perfect wedding. Then, we brought you a competition to win an overnight stay and afternoon tea at the venue, where you could really get a feel for what you big day might be like. And just in case you weren't sold already, we've come up with a list of reasons to get married in Dunboyne Castle, because it just might be your dream wedding venue, hiding in plain sight.
Here we go! 7 reasons to get married in Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa
1. Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa is a charming restored Georgian house with new contemporary wings, blended to create a modern classic venue with the best of both worlds for brides and grooms to personalise their wedding day.
2. Nestled on 21 lush green acres in the historic heart of Meath, yet just 20 minutes from Dublin city centre, Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa’s location makes the journey to join you easy for your friends and family. Offering 145 bedrooms including suites, and special overnight rates for your guests, your accommodation dates are taken care of.
3. Ideal for larger celebrations, the classic and glamorous Tara Suite ballroom is a light, airy and romantic room with floor to ceiling windows, maximising the views of the grounds and bringing the outdoors in, a stunning backdrop to your wedding day.
4. The delightful Drawing Room in the charmingly restored Georgian house with its ornate Georgian ceilings, is a beautiful setting for an intimate blessing, civil ceremony or partnership.
5. Impress your guests with the award-winning food, innovative and delicious menu options which use the abundance of excellent local produce to suit you and your guests’ tastes.
6. Picturesque gardens and grounds perfect for timeless wedding photographs.
7. Seoid Spa, with its luxurious thermal suite and fabulous Voya and Image Skincare treatments is a wonderful place to settle any pre-wedding nerves offering the peace and relaxation needed in the run up to your special day.