A Confetti promotion
The honour of organising the most kick-ass hen party has been bestowed upon you, and you've no idea where to start - are we right? Well fear not, we've rounded up some awesome hen party packages around the country, and even a few places to pick up all the bits you'll need for the big day!
If you're looking for the ultimate blend of adventure and pampering for a hen weekend away, Delphi Resort has the package for you. The four star resort combines its breathtaking spa with an adventure centre meaning you can spend the day out in the wilds doing any number of their impressive range of outdoor activities, and follow it up with a massage, facial or spa treatment of your choice to decompress after the day's adventures. They even have a private room, which has in the past been hired for hens to do yoga, flower crown making and even a dance class.
Set in the spectacular Delphi Valley on Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, Delphi Resort also provides breathtaking scenery combined with their unique range of options for an unforgettable experience! Just 30 minutes from Westport and 80 minutes from Galway City, Delphi is the perfect base whether seeking relaxation or a more adventurous pre-wedding getaway with the girls! They've a bar and restaurant on site, and with a choice of either affordable or luxury accommodation, you can organise a package to suit any budget.
They have three main hen packages:
- Escape and Explore Hen - €99pps - 1 night stay in value accommodation (budget dorm room, 4 sharing), full Irish breakfast, 1 x activity or treatment from list A, 3 course evening meal in the 814 restaurant, pre-dinner cocktail in the bar, and the bride to be goes free on parties of 10+.
- Indulge and Adventure Value Hen - €159pps - 2 night stay in value accommodation (budget dorm room, 4 sharing), full Irish breakfast each morning, 2 x activity or treatment from list A OR 1 x activity or treatment from list B, 3 course evening meal in the 814 restaurant, pre-dinner cocktail in the bar, and the bride to be goes free on parties of 10+.
- Indulge and Adventure Luxury Hen - €219/239pps - 2 night stay in Delphi's four star hotel (twin room, 2 sharing), full Irish breakfast each morning, 2 x activity or treatment from list A OR 1 x activity or treatment from list B, 3 course evening meal in the 814 restaurant, pre-dinner cocktail in the bar, and the bride to be goes free on parties of 10+.
Activity List A: Zip’n’Trek, Climbing, Abseiling, Bushcraft Survival, Tunneling, High Ropes, Archery, File & Polish, Mini Manicure or Mini Pedicure
Activity List B: Coasteering, Canoeing, Surfing, Kayaking, Mountain Bike Lesson & Trail Ride, Orienteering, Zipline Aerial Adventure, Raft Building, Wild Atlantic Way Cycle Tour, Mini Facial, Body Scrub, Organic Feet Treatment, Seaweed Bath, Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage or Head, Neck and Shoulder Massage
For more information about building your bespoke hen party package with Delphi Resort, call +353 (0)95 42208 or email [email protected] Find out more on their website or by catching them on Facebook or Instagram.
If you're looking for a hen party venue where you can take over the whole place, Horetown House might have the package for you. You and your gals can take over their 10 luxury bedrooms, which sleep up to 28 guests. It's the ultimate house party vibe, but Horetown will be fully staffed with their talented chefs and a fully stocked bar to keep things running smoothly. They organise activities for the afternoon, and they have a shuttle bus to bring you to Wexford for a night on the town if you so wish. If staying in is more your jam, take advantage of the big screen in your private bar, or opt for hen table quiz activities.
Horetown House's hen party packages involve arriving at 1pm to a glass of prosecco, check in to your luxurious room and make yourself at home, meeting at The White Room at 3pm for your activity, a break to freshen up before your 3-course dinner at 6pm in the Cellar Bar, a shuttle bus into Wexford with a special pass for a reserved area in The Stores, a lift home, and breakfast in the dining room/a hangover basket to your room the following morning. Your activity options are:
- Flowers in her Hair Hen - A floral crown workshop with the talented Tina from 'The Wild Bunch', where you'll learn the tricks of the trade.
- The Gin Party Hen - In the Cellar Bar, you'll do a gin tasting class with a selection of world gins paired with premium tonics and specially selected garnishes, with a little history on the making of gin. You'll also design a Dressed Gin for the hen!
- The Cake Party Hen - A cake decorating class with Janette from the award-winning Blossom Bakes, where you'll learn the tricks of the trade to create your own sugar craft masterpiece. And of course, the eating of the cake!
Prices vary according to occupancy: 24 guests:€160pps, 20 guests:€190pps, 16 guests: €205 pps.
Serious lols are on the cards with a Laughter Yoga hen, a new trend in hen activities. In a 90 minute Laughter Yoga session, you'll do breathing exercises, engage in some childlike playfulness and try some crazy laughter exercises, which all combine to produce a coldron of hysteria that's sure to leave everyone connected and on a high for the rest of the day. They tailor the class to suit each party, and because there's no age limit, dress code or experience necessary, this is an activity for everyone, if you've got a varied party. They cover all of Ireland, so no matter where your party is taking place, you just turn up and let them do the rest.
Laughter Yoga sessions are designed to help you release stress and bond, making it perfect for a bride that's stressed to the hilt from planning, or if you've got a group that doesn't know each other very well. According to the organisers, you'll find yourself quickly just bursting into laughter, with no comedy needed, and the laughter will only deepen as the class goes on. The session lasts for 60-90 minutes and is a fab way to start your hen party with a 'natural high'.
Belles and Blazers
There are lots of companies out there that are offering packages, but what Belles and Blazers pride themselves on is making your party personal. With facilitators on the ground each week they are in tune with what the customer wants, ever changing and growing to suit the market. They will help you decide on the best accommodation and activities to suit your groups needs and most of all, what will suit the bride to be - it is her day after all.
They have all Inclusive packages starting from €85pps all over Ireland. Belles and Blazers host and facilitate many of our own hen party activities specifically designed to get everyone on the Hen interacting and enjoying themselves. Some of their most popular activities are CSI Save the Groom, Draw a Nude, Mrs Doyle & Her Grannies and Finding Ted the Father Ted Experience!
- CSI Save the Groom: The groom has been kidnapped and the Hens must help save him. The only way the wedding will go ahead is if the Hens can solve all the clues and get the groom back!
- Mrs Doyle & Her Grannies: Once all Hens are appropriately dressed the battle of the grannies can begin! The hens are split into teams and have to compete to win the prestigious Mrs. Doyle Cup (of tea). From “putting Pat Mustard's tool in the box” to “Get your knickers on”, this laugh a minute activity will not soon be forgotten!
- Finding Ted the Father Ted Experience: Mass is at 7 and unless the hens can find Ted, Fr. Dougal will have to say mass, and we all know how that wedding he did in Athlone turned out! Once the Hens have all their habits on, the search can begin!
Belles and Blazers do over 500 hen parties a year and each one is different, some people love the idea of a house that can hold 33 people in the centre of Carrick on Shannon, some want to be Glamping under the stars, some will only go for a 4* Hotel, their job is to help you break it down to the best package possible for your hen.
The Landmark Hotel
The Landmark Hotel is in the heart of Carrick on Shannon, where you'll find beautiful scenery, a vast selection of activities, wonderful restaurants, great bars, and a tried and tested hen party plan. The Landmark offers a range of packages with a combination of everything you might need for a killer hen party. Their reservations team will work closely with you to plan an itinerary to suit you, ensuring you have an unforgettable weekend.
Their packages include:
- 1 night B&B with heavenly cocktail on arrival for the Bride, and 3 course evening meal, from €105pps
- 2 nights B&B with heavenly cocktail on arrival for the Bride, 3 course evening meal, and a bottle of bubbly, from €159pps
- The above packages, but with a cocktail class before dinner.
They have a huge array of activities both within the hotel and with partner vendors so you can pick and choose add on activities to get the hen to suit you. They can tailor make your package to include one or two of activities listed below:
- Cocktail Masterclass - The Black Mint Cocktail Masterclass takes place at The Landmark with their resident mixologist, who'll share their cocktail making secrets with you.
- Afternoon Tea - Enjoy a little luxury with an Afternoon Tea to break up the day at The Landmark Hotel.
- Forest Adventures - ZipIt Forest Adventures offers up to 4 hours of tree-top, fun-filled adventure outdoors.
- Carrick Quads - Carrick Quads offers off-road, cross-country quad bike treks on their Yamaha Grizzly 350 Quad Bikes.
- Battlebridge Paintball - Their army and outdoor adventure experience create game zones that'll bring some competition to the party.
- Zorbing - The thrill of zorbing begins as you're launched inside your double-sectioned transparent plastic ball from a ramp, down a hill, at speeds of 30-50mph!
- Midland Go-Karting - This outdoor track allows you experience the real thrill and excitement of karting.
- Moonriver Cruise - Luxury daily cruises on the River Shannon and River Boyle/
- Kayaking/windsurfing - Lough Allen Adventures provide all sorts of outdoor activities including kayaking, open-boating, windsurfing, hill walking and archery.
Once you've got your location, accommodation and activities sorted, you'll probably want to pick up some hen party swag to bring your hen together. Hen World stocks hen party supplies from the traditional sashes and willy straws, to their more modern rose gold 'Team Bride' or gold and white 'I Do Crew' ranges. They have supplies to suit every budget, whether you're super organised and every guest has chipped in for the decor, or it's every woman for themselves.
They do personalised stickers/labels for hen party goody bags, and can arrange to personalise sashes, totes, slippers etc. And if you're stuck for ideas, they have a Facebook Group called Hen Party Ideas and Inspirations, where you can get a 10% discount code to use with Hen World, as well as tonnes of ideas to borrow for your own bash for everything from decor to party supplies. If you're having a girly spa weekend, they also sell spa slippers, robes and little survival bags that are perfect for the occasion. Whether you're planning a hen in a hotel room, a restaurant, a rented house, at home or even in your office, Hen World will have supplies to cater for your do.