We've heard plenty of stories of bridezillas, but this one takes the biscuit. Being a bridesmaid for one of your best friends is supposed to be a lovely thing, but in this case these bridesmaids probably wish they were never asked.
One of the bridesmaids tipped off Gawker about the list of terrifying demands they all received in an email, and if you didn't laugh, you'd cry.
The email begins off fairly friendly, saying "Welcome to my bridal party. I thought today would be a great day to start this chain, as it is officially six months until my wedding day." Exciting, right?
A sign that bad things were to come came in the next line, however. "I just wanted to go over some ground rules," wrote the bride.
There were 10 ground rules outlined in the email, covering everything from weight to the kind of swimwear they are allowed wear, to what they can do with their hair in the six month lead up to the wedding.
This was the list of rules:
1. Weigh-ins will begin in 3 weeks. I for one would really like some time after Thanksgiving to make my body forget about what it consumed, so I thought I would give you guys some cushion room
2. No-one can be skinnier than the bride. That means Kelly and Lizzie will be on a protein weight gainer diet exclusively until May. I will have the nutritionist call you to discuss diet plans.
3. Bed times leading up to the wedding will be strictly enforced. I absolutely cannot have you all have saggy, baggy eyes. I am sure you all understand.
4. Swimwear attire: I would like everyone to wear matching bikinis that have rhinestones on the tushie spelling out "maids," which brings me to my next point.
5. All bikinis leading up to the wedding must be strapless bandeaus. I cannot have terrible tan lines in strapless dresses.
6. Sunscreen: We need to make sure you ladies look lovely and radiant and not red and reptile like. Pack accordingly.
7. Speeches: We all know what happened at Taylor's wedding. So if you plan to make a toast, please submit it for approval and revision, no later than 4 weeks prior to the wedding.
8. Hair cuts: If you plan on chopping off your locks, please submit your proposed new look prior to any actions (this applies to coloring as well).
9. Attendance: is strongly requested at all events but I will make some exceptions on a case by case basis.
10. Ink: Consider this a moratorium on future tattoos until June 5th. Those of you with visible artwork will be privately contacted with (temporary) removal instructions.
Woah, right? Talk about crossing a line! Though according to the bride herself, they were only "minor requests".
She signed off the email, saying "Thank you for your time and consideration. Should everyone abide by these minor requests, I am sure we will all have a memorable weekend. Just kidding bitches, well, sorta. love you all."
Just kidding, or joking-but-not-really-joking-at-all? We're willing to bet on the latter!
You might also like: Confessions of a bridesmaid: they told us what they're really thinking