Mother of the bride outfits that aren't drab or dreary are so much easier to find nowadays. Mother of the bride (and groom) style has since moved away from the 'royal family' look. You don't have to wear the classic hat, dress, dress coat, and sensible shoes anymore. We're seeing more and more stylish Mums opt for floor-length gowns, top and skirt combos, sequin dresses and even jumpsuits!
Without further adieu, here are some of our favourite mother of the bride outfits...
Confetti's top tips:
- Although you'll want to feel your best, try not to wear anything that may steal the limelight from the couple. And white is still an absolute no-go.
- Liaise with the other Mum on outfit ideas. The last thing you want is to show up in a similar outfit. Awks!
- You may want to keep your outfit within a similar tone of the wedding, but if you're a coat of many colours gal, then we say go for it!
- Go get your glam on – we see no reason why you shouldn't feel like your best self as well.
- Bring the flats just in case your heels start to betray you. We've all been there, sista!
- Relax and have the best day ever – your son or daughter is getting married. Yay!