When it comes to wedding skincare, there's pretty much no such thing as starting too soon. Your skin is your base and if you want to look as flawless as possible on your wedding day, it's where you should start before you even cast a cursory eye over potential wedding make up looks on Pinterest. Whether you're newly engaged or well into the planning process, it's worth taking a good look at how you're treating your skin and your body now, and getting started on any areas of concern.
With that in mind, we asked top skincare expert Jennifer Rock, the woman behind The Skin Nerd and the Cleanse Off Mitt, for her top wedding skincare tips for brides to be. Read on below to find the way to bright, radiant, luminous bridal skin. Take it away, Jennifer!
1. Prep is key. When planning the dress, psyche yourself up for the skin regime at the same time. Many wait until six weeks prior to their wedding and it may not be enough time to tackle any true concerns. Seek a consult as soon as the engagement party is over! You can do a handy online consultation over on The Skin Nerd.
2. Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful, a wonderfully exciting time no doubt, but still a busy time so be sure to up the multi-vitamin intake. Horse Vitamin C into you - 1000mg daily to warn off colds while also strengthening capillary walls, bearing in mind red is the first colour to be seen on camera! I’d also recommend taking lysine to prevent cold sores.
3. Hyaluronic is ideal to pump moisture into the skin and act as an added bonus to the two litre of water intake! It can be added to any serum, booster or moisturiser to soften fine lines and wrinkles- a touch into a body cream is also recommended for smooth hydrated skin. This will also assist in getting that flawless false tan application!
4. Take omegas internally, i.e. essential fatty acids in the form of supplements or oily fish. These will have the body wedding and honeymoon ready – helping keep it soft with less inflammation and stress breakouts.
5. Treatments such as the Environ Hydra Boost is ideal to give the bridal glow. Have IPL and Neostrata Peel three months prior, and needling six months prior. Do NOT try anything new the month of the wedding unless advised by a facialist.
Keep up with Jennifer's skincare tips and advice on her Facebook and Instagram, or follow her on Snapchat at TheSkinNerd. You can book your online skin consultation with a skin nerd on Jennifer's website.